Registering for SupportNet involves the following steps:
- Complete all required fields in the registration form (see "Completing the Registration Form" below).
- Click on the "Request Your SupportNet Registration" button.
- SupportNet displays a confirmation message.
- You will immediately receive an email at your company email address with a subject line that says "AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED".
- Within the next 72 hours, please click the link in the email to verify your email address.
- Immediately after you click this authorization link you will have limited GUEST access to SupportNet.
- Use the USER NAME (company email address) and PASSWORD from your registration form to login to SupportNet as a GUEST.
- With limited GUEST access you can edit your profile, participate in User Community Forums, and browse unrestricted SupportNet content.
- Within a day after you click the authorization link, you will receive a follow-up email with the subject "SupportNet Registration Confirmation" letting you know you have full access to SupportNet if you have a current support contract.
- Use the USER NAME (company email address) and PASSWORD from your registration form to login to SupportNet for full access.
- Full access includes downloads, reference material, Service Requests, etc.
- If you do not receive either the "AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED" email or the "SupportNet Registration Confirmation" email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Completing the Registration Form
Enter the following information on the Registration Form using the tab key to move between fields. (Asterisk ( *) indicates required field).
- * First Name - Enter your first name.
- * Last Name - Enter your last name.
- * Email - Enter your email address. Your email address should be an email address associated with your company.
- * Company - Enter your company name.
- * Company Address - Enter your company address including street address, city, state, and zip code.
- * Phone Number - Enter your complete phone number, including area code.
- * Region - Select your geographic region from the list box.
- Title - Enter your role at your company, (for example, Design Engineer, Sys Admin, Professor, Student, etc.). You may leave this field blank, however, the information provided may aid us in setting up your account.
- Site ID - If you know your Site ID, enter it in this field. The Site ID is used to identify your company (site) in our worldwide customer database. Providing your Site ID at registration will reduce the wait time for full access and help ensure you are connected to the appropriate account. If you don't know your Site ID, please leave this field blank.
- * Products you Currently Use - Enter the name of any Mentor Graphics products that you currently use.
- Comments - If you have comments for the SupportNet Administrator, enter them in this field.
- Host ID Registration # - Enter your Host ID here. The Host ID is used to identify your company (site) in our worldwide customer database. If you don't know your Site ID, please leave this field blank.
- * Desired Password - Enter a password between 6 to 20 characters. The password will not be displayed as you type it for security reasons. This will be the password you use to log into the SupportNet web site.
- * Confirm Password - Retype the password you entered in the Desired Password field. Once you have completed the registration form fields, click on the "Request Your SupportNet Registration" button. You will see a confirmation page.