After you review and accept a support quotation, there are certain terms and conditions you must follow in order for Mentor Graphics to accept your purchase order. These terms and conditions include:
- Make sure an active Customer Agreement or Purchase and License Agreement is on file and reference it on the Purchase Order or Contract.
- Make sure the Purchase Order or Contract number is stated.
- Have the Purchase Order or Contract signed by an authorized agent.
- Identify the billing and site (shipping) address.
- Indicate the tax status (see below).
- State the total amount of the Purchase Order or Contract.
- Be aware that payment terms are net 30 days and freight terms are FOB factory, freight collect.
Figuring your tax requirements
The support quotation contains a separate section for each component of your support agreement. This way, you can determine the appropriate sales tax treatment for each item. Here's how to proceed:
- Contact your tax advisor to determine the sales tax requirements that apply.
- Clearly indicate the correct tax treatment for each item on your purchase order.
- Attach any required sales tax supporting documentation. Depending on the tax treatment you indicate, our sales tax department may need to contact you for clarification before we can process your order.