Used By: Customers running Mentor Graphics software, License Administrators, System Administrators at customer sites
This is a file which contains authorization codes required to run Mentor Graphics software.
Customer Has Licensed
Used By: System Administrators at customer sites, customers troubleshooting license issues, customer who create contracts and need to know the licenses associated, customers who need to know what products they have, what features are included and when they will expire.
Site Config: The Site Configuration is a simplified look at the Customer Has Licensed report. This report would likely be used by someone involved in buying Mentor Graphics products, who isn’t interested in the underlying license features. This would be especially helpful for a large company with many products, where a more complicated list would be unwieldy.
- An administrator is doing a remix, and needs to know the licenses associated with the part numbers to ensure the correct items are included.
- A customer is having trouble accessing a specific feature. There are multiple instances of one feature name, so the customer uses the AC or Vendor Str information to isolate the feature he is referencing for use in troubleshooting with Mentor Graphics.
Part #: The Mentor part number associated with a specific product
Prod Descrip: The name of the product as listed in the Mentor product database
Spt Status: The status of the current support contract (Expired, Declined, Contract, etc)
Spt # Users: The number of licenses of that product
Spt End Date: The date the Support Contract expires
SW PO/Spt PO: The purchase order number for the product. Note: If the customer is looking at a distributor report, the purchase order number will pertain to the distributor
Prod Sales Order/Line: The order number of the line, used to trace Mentor products to a specific configuration. For instance, it can be used to clarify if a line item is the same line item from original purchase, in the case of a transitioned item.
SptSO/Previous: The previous order number for the support contract. Used to reference the old contract, or verify the relationship to the previous contract
Ship Date: The date the product was sent to the customer
LICENSE INFO: This section details information on specific features
Feature: The non-unique name of the feature within a license
Server IDs: The identification number of the server which will have permission to access the feature
AC Qty: Number of authorization codes for this feature on this server
AuthCode (AC): Encrypted authorization number which allows the feature to run on a specified server
AC Expiration: The expiration date of the license for a specific feature, typically 3 months past the Spt End Date
Host ID: The host identification number
Vendor Str: Part of the authcode, this is our vendor number to them. This is not a reference to a third party vendor. Frequently used for troubleshooting, if the customer has several features of the same name, the vendor string can be used to differentiate.
License Feature & Part Number Lookup
Used By: General customers, contract administrators
- A contract administrator needs to know what licenses are associated with a specific part to create or review the contract
- An administrator doing a remix needs to know what part numbers are associated with a license
- A customer needs to determine what parts a composite license actually licenses
- License feature by part number: Generally used by contract administrators. The contract administrators would use this function to determine the license associated with specific Mentor part numbers.
- Part numbers by license feature(s): Reverse of license feature by part number. Used by administrators who need to know part numbers associated with license features, for example, to use in a remix. This is also useful for troubleshooting, if you need to see part numbers and descriptions associated with a feature to determine the specific feature that is causing problems.
- Atomics by license feature: This is most typically used in the case of a composite license. Searching by a composite license feature will allow the customer to see what tools are actually licensed. For example, the “falconfw_s” is a composite tool that could potentially include atomics for design architect or design manager. Below are the atomics for Mentor Graphics’ “falconfw_s” feature: