About the SupportCenter
If you are unable to resolve your technical support issue through the SupportNet KnowledgeBase, your support contract includes access to a Mentor Graphics SupportCenter staffed with industry-experienced engineers who provide technical assistance for Mentor Graphics products. SupportCenters are situated in offices around the world.
About Service Requests
When you open a Service Request (SR) either through SupportNet or by contacting your SupportCenter, a unique identification number is assigned to each new issue. One SR may include many different contacts with the support team.
When you call the SupportCenter, your call is routed to the correct destination depending on whether you're calling about an existing technical issue (which means an SR has already been opened), a new technical issue, or a non-technical request. To confirm support coverage for your products, you will be asked for your site ID. If the call relates to an existing SR, you'll be asked to provide the SR number.
What Information to Provide When You Call
The more details you can supply about a problem or issue, the sooner a Corporate Application Engineer can supply you with a solution or workaround. Be prepared to provide the following important information:
- The priority of the call (critical, high, medium, low)
- The product about which you are calling
- Your operating system and software version numbers (accuracy is very important here)
- The steps that led to the problem or crash
- If it is a crash, the first few lines of a traceback
- Any non-Mentor Graphics tools or customized software that may be involved