Code Fragment and Custom Script Support Guideline
From time to time, Mentor Graphics Customer Support Division Customer Application Engineers (CSD CAEs) are asked by customers to create custom scripts or code fragments.
Custom scripts include any program or script (AMPLE, shell script, VBscript, Perl, TCL, C, C++, etc.) that is not part of a released Mentor Graphics product, but works in concert with a supported, released Mentor Graphics product.
Our guidelines with regard to custom scripts (or code fragments) are:
1. Writing Custom Scripts or Code Fragments
- Customer Support generally does not write custom scripts as part of a standard support agreement.
- Custom scripts may be written by Mentor Consulting as a for-charge service at then current rates. Contact your local Mentor office for a quotation.
- At their sole discretion, CSD CAEs may write custom scripts or code fragments as workarounds to defects or gaps within the product.
- The following Disclaimer applies to all Custom Scripts and Code Fragments created by Mentor Graphics:
THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION OR ITS LICENSORS AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, Mentor Graphics software and associated file are provided "as is"and without warranty. Mentor Graphics has no obligation to support or otherwise maintain software. Mentor Graphics makes no warranties,express or implied, with respect to software including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Mentor Graphics is not liable for any property damage, personal injury, loss of profits, interruption of business, or for any other special, consequential or incidental damages, however caused, whether for breach of warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise. In no event shall Mentor Graphics' liability exceed the amount paid for the product giving rise to the claim.
2. Supporting Custom Scripts or Code Fragments
- Customer Support does not provide technical support for scripts which are not a part of the standard released product, nor will CAEs re-write custom scripts.
- CSD CAEs will respond to specific questions related to the performance of the standard released product in the context of a custom script. Examples:
- My script is causing the Mentor product to produce the following error message. What does the error message mean?
- I am using a Mentor documented, supported API call in my custom script, but I’m having difficulty getting the API call to work correctly according to the documentation. Can you help me get this API call working?”
- Customer Support does not provide language support (i.e. VBscript, Perl, TCL, etc.) except in the case of Mentor proprietary languages such as AMPLE, nor does Customer Support provide support for compiler or linker errors, or third party programming environments.